As per the government announcement and Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation update, the national Covid-19 Booster programme is now underway.
The Heart of Bath Medical Partnership are pleased to confirm that we will be offering appointments to eligible patients in due course.
Eligibility is confirmed if your last vaccination dose was at least 6 months ago, you are within one of the specified cohorts below and you have been contacted by the NHS, or our practice.
These clinics will be held at Oldfield Surgery, in the Nurse’s Wing, on Mondays and Tuesdays only.
We will also be conducting a roving vaccination programme, for patients who are housebound and for residential, care and nursing homes under our medical care.
Please may we ask that you do not contact the surgery regarding the booster programme.
We will contact you directly to invite you to book an appointment. This may be as a text message, a telephone call, or a letter in the post.
If you would prefer to book elsewhere and have been contacted by the NHS to confirm your eligibility, please call 119, or visit Book or manage a booster dose of the coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccine – NHS (www.nhs.uk)
The Covid-19 booster will be offered to patients whose last dose of vaccination was at least 6 months ago, and who fall within the patient cohorts as set out by the JCVI. These include:
- people aged 50 and over
- people who live and work in care homes
- frontline health and social care workers
- people aged 16 and over with a health condition that puts them at high risk of getting seriously ill from Covid-19
- carers aged 16 and over
- people aged 16 and over who live with someone who is more likely to get infections (such as someone with HIV, has had a transplant or is having certain treatments for cancer, lupus or rheumatoid arthritis)
- People who are pregnant and in one of the eligible groups can also get a booster dose.
For further information, please visit: