Tel: 01225 423250 Email: email@example.com Twitter: @HofB_Research
Heart of Bath Medical Partnership has a dedicated Clinical Research Team based at Oldfield Surgery, with considerable experience and enthusiasm for recruiting patients into a variety of research studies. We are proud of our efforts and achievements to date and keen to develop and grow this service in future… but we need your help.
- Meningitis ACYW – Vaccination for Babies
- Type 2 Diabetes – Trial of new injectable medication
- Asthma Inhaler Device – Do you have a smartphone? Study to improve your symptoms
- GEKO – A New Leg Ulcer Treatment
- Are you struggling with your weight? A Diet and Exercise Programme to Improve Blood Sugar Control
- CLASP Renewed Online – Breast, Prostate or Bowel Cancer Self-Care Website
Our Research Team
Dr Hamling, Becky Cumpson, Dr Johnson, Dr Eavis, Dr Combe, Mary Fifield
Read what Dr Patrick Eavis, GP Partner at Heart of Bath Medical Partnership, says about the research we do;
‘Modern medical care is based on evidence from research, leading to the development of new patient treatments. Oldfield Surgery patients are able to participate in this research, giving them opportunities to contribute towards the progress of future medicine developments. We would like to thank the hundreds of patients who have taken part in research at Oldfield Surgery over the years. Their contribution has potential to help make the care we provide even better for the future’.
If you are a patient who would like to get involved in research, Mary and Becky would love to hear from you.
Dr Patrick Eavis
Principal Investigator & GP Champion
With over 25 years experience of commercial clinical trials in all major treatment areas, Dr Patrick Eavis is the GP Champion for the National Institute for Health Research, and also a past member of the local Local Research Ethics Committee.
Dr Tim Johnson
With 25 years experience working in phase 2,3 and 4 clinical trials, Dr Johnson has dedicated commercial trials sessions with the team and is leading the surgery on recruitment.
Mary Anne Fifield
Mary Anne has experience in primary and secondary care research and also works as a facilitator and joint programme lead for a National Institute for Health Research communication course.
Joanna also has experience in primary and secondary care research and also works as a facilitator and joint programme lead for a National Institute for Health Research communication course.
Becky has worked in the public, private and voluntary sectors improving performance and developing business. She is keen to include as many patients as possible in good quality research and has encouraged friends and family to do the same.
- Large database of registered patients
- Excellent links with other GP practices
- Dedicated research nurse, fully GCP trained
- Experienced Investigators, fully GCP trained
- Dedicated Research Co-Ordinator
- High recruitment levels, top UK and European recruiter in several studies
- Excellent audit results
- Independent, fully equipped unit and spacious monitoring facilities
- Onsite pharmacy and pharmacist
Examples of our Trials expertise
- COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
- IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome)
- Opioid Induced Constipation
- ENT (Ear Nose & Throat conditions)
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Coronary Artery Disease
- Acute Cough
- Cancer Pain
- Prostate Cancer
- Sore Throat
- Familial Hypercholesterolaemia in infants
- Diet & Lifestyle